Monday 3 March 2008

XLIII (apolgies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning)

An Ode To Month End Processing

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

I hate thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul doth shudder, when you wander into sight.
Ends of Accounts to balance with tolerance tight.
I hate thee with a venom that doth amaze.
As we work 24 by 7, by sun and candle-light.
I hate thee freely, as one on whom doth fall the shite;
I hate thee so purely that at times my chest gets tight.
I hate thee with a passion that comes second to none
In my office, on the stairs even upon the crapper,
I hate thee with a hate that will not be undone,
With your lost reports and packed mail dot box
I could live so heartily with out your troubles,
On you Month End i Curse with the POX!


(i wanted to get a duck in there somewhere but it just wouldnt go)


2 comments:

Nate said...

http://www.lotus911.com/nathan/escape.nsf/d6plinks/NTFN-78QNUL

Unknown said...

Nate that is well spooky..why should we both thing of EBB when we DONT like something.

I have the strongest suspicion that something in our education was seriously F**Ked up! :-)

I have to say your does meter way better than my effort, but then it was not only ME Monday I had a sudden bout of the "Spanish Inquisition" ....
strike that.. SOX audit team ... and easy mistake to make ... I was once asked

"do you have any evidence in the form of a signed off security log that you have deleted all user profiles that have never exisited"

S

Disqus for Domi-No-Yes-Maybe