This is by way of Steve Pitcher who is bribing us with free beer. Having said that as an iBoxer of old all the way from the S34/S36/S38 precursors I have a feeling I will be buying Steve the beers and not the other way around!
Why Should these IBM Collaboration Solutions (ICS) products run on IBM i?
- IBM i on Power Systems and it's predecessors have literally hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide.
- IBM i customers want to leverage existing investments in hardware, software, personnel and training.
- Running ICS servers on other platforms complicates IBM i customer environments. Many customers have a single IBM i server running their entire business.
- Better performance - All server to server communications is via the Power Systems high speed bus.
- Better security - IBM i is impervious to viruses. Period.
- Better uptime - IBM i has a higher uptime % than any other operating system
- IBM i is IBM's most widely deployed operating system, over AIX, Power Linux and zOS.
- Fewer points of failure - One system to manage, administer, maintain, backup and recover.
- 200 IBM i customers and IBM Business Partners representing 520,000 potential licenses have already expressed interest in these products only if they were supported on IBM i
Go to this website and tell IBM that you want support for IBM Connections, IBM Sametime and Lotus Notes Traveler on IBM i.
I have ... so should you!