Thursday 13 March 2008
Widgeting your journal so that you get just a view without the frameset
I have been fiddling around and I could'nt make head nor tail of getting a view to open all by itself without the accompanying frameset. I have tried working out the URL syntax, but i gave up after a while and did this instead, which is a kludge but it works.
01. Created a less cluttered view in the journal file called sidebar, very minimalist
02. Changed the Application Properties so that the designated frame was ViewFrame
03. Opened the Jorunal file.. which now has a single panel frameset
04. Selected VIEW , Goto and select the minimalist Sidebar View
05. Click on the configure widget from current context icon which will be available
06. Select open a notes view of frameset option and accept the string that has appeared
07. Click Next
08. Give the widget a name
09. Select display as a sidebar panel
10. Click Finish
11. 02. Changed the Application Properties so that the designated frame was back to BorderFrame
You now have a VIEW only widget without the frameset.