Tuesday 13 May 2008

Rhubarb and Custard - Nostaglia

Gentle reader, Twas just this evening I was have a postprandial peruse of twitter when i came across @MattandJess and @Phigment reminiscing about kiddies shows from the past.. and all at once I was transported to that magical time in the 70's when there was nothing finer that retiring to the student flat after a hard day spent avoiding learning anything of note. Armed with nothing more than a selection of the Indian subcontinent's finest and hottest consumables and a 6 pack of Theakston's Old Peculiar we would settle around the steam powered television, provided by Philip's parents - Philip was from Kendal and his family had something to do with the eponymous mint cake and could thus afford to give their sprog a colour TV to take to university in the 70's.

I digress - we would settle around the TV everyday around 5:50 just before the news (I seem to remember) to get our 5 -7 minutes of sheer unadulterated joy that was "Rhubarb and Custard" and here for your edification are three episodes... oh Im filling up... pass the Kleenex....

**UPDATE** @MattAndJess hath just twitted... "I think you have shown me something that's actually trippier than Yo Gabba Gabba... and I didn't think that was possible"
My day it complete I can go to bed happy that we more chronologically gifted individuals can still show these young whippersnappers a thing or two.

Nite Nite all!





Disqus for Domi-No-Yes-Maybe