Out of all the frameworks available DoJo, Prototype etc I choose the Yahoo UI for no other reason other than it seemed to have the best online help, (that and I liked the name).
I then created some test data ... (a form that stores information about books in my library) and a couple of views both categorised and flat. The the fun began...
I created a page that would hold my AJAX view(s) and then I started to plan ... my code would have to have :
- minimal impact when adding web views to a page or form.
- both FLAT and CATEGORISED view capabilities.
- the strength to cope with large views (1000+ docs).
- the capability to display multiple views on the same page or form.
- the ability to "skin" each view with it's own style.
- be able to read and interpret the notes design of the view for uniformity of experience.
of a think
More from the code-mill later....