Wednesday 23 January 2008

The Tao of Disaster Recovery

Hey ho!
It has been a long time since I added a blog entry but I find myself in a Disaster Recovery Centre near Heathrow Airport and I am waiting for half a T of data to restore to an iSeries machine .. so here are some thoughts.

I am missing Lotusphere (again) not that I have ever managed to go to Lotusphere but I live in hope that someday, somehow I will manage to go and have fun with several thousand Domino-geeks and Lotus-nerds

Following the uber-dominoistas blogs it would seem that they are having a great time .... :( s'not fair! (grumble grumble grumble) well there is always ILUG2008 to look forward to in June!

~Sigh~ DR testing is a necessary evil ..you need to know that your DR plans work and you can, should the need arise, recover the business systems in as short a time as possible .. however the actual process can be rather boring lots of media, lots of whirring drives, many cups of coffee and voila you have 3 Mission Critical iSeries boxes and a Hub Domino Server up and if everything goes according to plan (which it did)...running. However every test uncovers some wrinkle or other that requires you to put on your "technical author" hat and adjust the documentation accordingly ... I suppose that is the nature of the beast

Better go and stick another tape in the drive ... More later

No comments:

Disqus for Domi-No-Yes-Maybe